Friday 21 September 2012

Just finished: Furuhata Ninzaburo

In a season where not much caught my eye, it was nice to have the subs for this old classic coming out every now and again. This series from 1994 concerns an idiosyncratic detective who solves cleverly constructed crimes with cunning logic.


I've written about it before, so I won't go into details, but I will say what a relief it was that a program with such a high reputation should live up to it. Before watching the series, I was a little worried that maybe I'd only seen the best episodes and that the rest were below par. Happily that's not the case and even though the series sags a bit in the middle, with some pretty tenuous clues, the final two episodes were a joy to watch as Furuhata comes up against some minds as keen as his own.


No word about any subs for series two just yet, but I can wait. I waited years just for series one. I'm a patient man, if it's worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment