Monday 1 July 2013

Just finished: Sennyu Tantei Tokage

If it seems like this is the only Japanese drama that I’m watching at the moment, that’s because it is. My free time has evaporated in the summer sun, and now time in front of a TV is sparse.


I’m a bit torn on this series. It was over-ambitious, often to the point of looking silly. But it also cared about its characters such that I found myself worrying about them. Add to this, a couple of real surprises in the final two-episode finale, and this had enough redeeming features to make it worth my while.

But, as I said before, if I hadn’t been subbing it I doubt I’d have stuck with it until the end. And that would’ve been a shame, since the final two episodes were pretty good.


Meanwhile, Matsuda Shota’s attempts at acting were undermined by his long fringe which often curled around under his nose, so that it resembled a mustache. How he got through some scenes without sneezing, I’ll never know.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't quite get through it : (
    Thanks for your translations though : )
    Might try to pick it up again in my summer vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watch the last two episodes. :)

    ReplyDelete