Sunday 17 April 2011

Just finished: We Got Married













So it’s over. After 51 episodes, the goguma couple have gone their separate ways. I only started watching this by accident because Ueno Juri appeared in a couple of episodes, but then I found myself drawn in and, after it comforted me through a bad illness, I became very fond of this show. Its endless canned laughter and odd use of repeating edits was difficult to get used to at first, but I slowly did and at least when I saw other Korean variety shows like Running Man and Family Outing, the same style of editing wasn’t such a shock.

I didn’t watch all the episodes. There were a few of the earliest that I never got round to finding, which I sort of regret. It would’ve been nice to see the whole story from awkward hello to difficult goodbye. But it’s too late now. I can’t watch “new” episodes knowing they’ve already split up! It wouldn’t be right!

It’s sad to see the end to this series. I know there are other couples in the same show, but I don’t seem to have the same interest in them as I did with this. I don’t know why. Maybe it was just the time. A change in the seasons. A fleeting moment, never to be repeated. A summer romance that’s blown away with the autumn winds. Whatever it was, I think my relationship with this particular series is over.

It’s been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment