Friday 8 March 2013

Still watching: Saikou no Rikon

It's strange but whenever I watch this, I always feel like I should be eating something nice. Because it's such a treat for the eyes, brain and heart, I somehow feel like my stomach is missing out. Maybe a nice white wine and some pickles.

This is the kind of effect this show has on me. It's like I'm having some friends round and I should make an effort. I mean, I don't dress up or vacuum or stuff like that. That would be insane.


But I am really enjoying this show. The script and acting are so natural that I can't help but be carried away. And if each episode does usually end with a Speech Of The Week, then I can forgive it.


I enjoy the seemingly random tumble through other people's lives. The recurring minor characters who always seem to add something. And also the cast: Ono Machiko's energy, Eita's neuroses, Maki Yoko's grace and Ayano Go's... well, he hasn't had much to do so far except be funny in the closing credits. Maybe that'll change soon, but at the moment it's hard to see where his story is going.


Not that I'm worried or anything. This is a quality forty-five minutes where I can sit back and be entertained by people who assume I don't need everything explained to me like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment