Monday 7 May 2012

Still watching: Toshi Densetsu no Onna


I think I got lucky with my first series to do the fansubs for. Toshi Densetsu is a fun crime thriller, with some cunning murders, plenty of unrequited love and a lot of theories about the truth or otherwise of myths and legends.


Nagasawa Masami is adorable in the lead role of Otonashi Tsukiko, darting from one scene to the next as fast as her high heels will allow, but the other characters are all nicely defined too. Mizobata Junpei gets most attention as the lovelorn forensics expert who follows Tsukiko around with his sad puppy dog eyes, and also Takenaka Naoto is great as the old-fashioned detective whose techniques aren't appreciated any more.


On a personal note, I've found that I now seem to have a personal interest in the success of the show which is quite out of proportion to my actual input. I even find myself worrying what the ratings will be for each episode, even though I have nothing to do with it. It's crazy I know, but I'm bracing myself for a drop in the viewing figures over the holiday weekend. Still, I hope the audience share stays the same!

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when you're right. LOL I just began the show - and though I cringe with Nagasawa... the murder was fun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I love it when I'm right :D and I'm enjoying the style of this show so far.

    ReplyDelete